Check UAN Status
Know how to check UAN status online? In this article we shared detail information on how to check UAN activation status. UAN stands for “Universal Account Number” which is allotted to each and every member of an organization.
If a person is contributing a part of their salary to EPF (Employee’s Provident fund), then it is necessary to know about your UAN Number and its UAN status. UAN is a unique account number which is allotted by the EPFO (Employee’s Provident Fund Organization) to an employee when they start working in an organization. The UAN is directly linked to your provident fund and you can use it to check your EPF balance.
The UAN Number, once given to an employee, will not change over the course of time and will remain the same for the remainder of his life. It doesn’t change when you leave an organization and switch over to a new one. It is very easy to check your UAN status online and if you want to know how to do that, then please go through the guide that we have provided here.
What is UAN?
If you are came to know about this term recently, chances are that you might not know everything about it yet. But that is about to change. We will provide you with every little bit of information on UAN. The Universal Account Number is a 12 digit number that is given to each and every employee that comes under the Employee provident Fund Scheme. There are a lot of benefits of having a UAN and we will discuss that later on. First, we will discuss how to check one’s UAN Status.
How to Check UAN Status?
First of all, you need to Log into the UAN Login Portal to check whether you have been allotted a UAN Number or not. If not, then you can easily activate it by following simple steps. Moreover, before you move ahead with this process, you need to keep in mind that you should have your PF Number which is 22-digit number which is utmost necessary for logging into the unified portal EPFO.
- Note that there are different portals for UAN Login and PF Number Besides, the portals are also different for the employers and employees. First of all, you need to head over to the UAN Status page. Find the link stating “Know your UAN Status”. That link will take you to a different page for check status of UAN procedure.
- On the next page that you visit, you will be required to fill in your PF Number. Make sure that you have it at the ready because special care has to be taken while filling it in and not one even a single digit should be misplaced. Because if you do, you won’t be able to change it after that.
- The next step is to select your state, where you are currently working. If you are not sure what to write, then take a look at your PF Number and check the first two letters. For e.g., DS is for Delhi, UP is for Madhya Pradesh, and so on.
- The next step in the process is to check and select your PF You have to choose the right one as there may be many such regions in the state you are working. You can easily find that out by checking the next three letters of the PF Number. For e.g., Delhi has three PF regions and UP has Nine PF regions. You have to check the status your UAN PF Number online and if you haven’t done so yet, then you need to do it as before moving on to the next step.
- Once you fill in the state and then the region, the first two PF Number columns will automatically get filled and then the verification will happen.
- After that, fill in your organization number. It will be the same for each and every employee working there and it can be up to 7 digits.
- The fourth column will be for the extension. In most of the cases, it will be 000, but if it is not in your PF Number, leave it as it is. You have to leave it blank and move on to the next step.
- The last step will be to type in your PF Number. After you have filled in all the details, you will have to enter your PF Number. If you don’t have it, then get it from the HR team of your company. You can even find it on the salary slips you get at the end of the month.
Advantages of UAN Status
There are many benefits or advantages of online UAN status.
- Check UAN Status online
If you want to know your UAN status or check status of UAN then you can just enter your username & password for check.
- Update KYC (Know your customer)
KYC means know your customer. For that process you have to updates your ID proof like PAN card, passport, driving license, Aadhar card, voter id card, etc.
- Download UAN card
So you can now download UAN card from the UAN EPF member portal
Required Details For Check UAN Status
- Name of Employee
- Employee registered mobile number
- Username & password
- EPF Office Region
Conclusion of UAN Status
After filling in all the details as per the guidelines above, just click “Check UAN Status”. Now, you will be able to check all the details of your UAN status and whether it has been allotted to your not. If it hasn’t been allotted, then you can take further steps shown there and get your own UAN Number at the earliest. Also you can download passbook via UAN member portal download passbook. Visit regularly for latest updates!